Friday, October 26, 2012

The Problem is YOU: How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Conquer Self-Defeating Behavior


The Problem is YOU: How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Conquer Self-Defeating Behavior

Author John Burke engages the reader from the very beginning in his book; "The Problem is YOU:  How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Conquer Self Defeating Behavior." He deals with self defeating behavior and how it is an enemy of destruction and one we must get a hold of to become a better, stronger person.  He also list characteristics associated with this behavior and what one can do to overcome those. There is also a section on how incorrect beliefs, thoughts and habits make a impact within one’s life and how to better use good thoughts and habits to be an over comer.  Once one discovers what the bad habits are they must change them and John Burke helps the reader to get a handle on how to do this. 
I truly enjoyed this book, while realizing that I'm not along with some of my beliefs and thoughts I quickly realized that I can improve to become a better person and it's not without my reach or impossible.  I enjoyed the details that the author gives rather than just general overviews.  This seems to be a very practical way that I can use the material in the most meaningful way.
5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment