Sunday, September 23, 2012

Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction


Murder & Mayhem In Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz

This is a very adventurous, funny, entertaining southern style book.  With many southern drawl sayings I found myself eagerly looking for the next humorous antidote.  I found myself laughing out loud no less than three times in the first couple of pages and couldn't wait to continue on this exciting journey.
Tess is a very inquisitive character and finds herself in the midst of trouble from the beginning of a new move to Goose Pimple Junction.  While she has published one book, it is here she meets nine time published author Jackson Wright.   Jack finds Tess terribly attractive and someone that he desires to draw the attention of in his direction.  It doesn't take long for this to happen, yet in the midst of this budding romance, there is a murder that needs to be looked into from many years prior.
When one is in a small town and everyone seems to know everyone it makes it even more difficult to believe that someone you have known all your life could be involved in a 70+ year old murder.  While Jack and Tess try to find new information to undercover this historical murder, there are new developments that occur trying to throw them off the scent.
Then there is the ever talking and energetic Lou that owns the bookstore that Tess is soon hired to work in.  She goes a mile a minute, yet has such sweet southern charm one can't help to be drawn to her.  There is also the local diner where everyone seems to meet including two elderly men that try to outdraw each other with their tongues and quick quips each day.  
This is certainly a book that I have enjoyed from beginning to end.  Whether I had just a few minutes to spare and could read a few pages or sit for a longer period of time, I found myself laughing, enjoying and excited to return to the next page of adventure.  This is the first time I have read Amy Metz's material, but I certainly hope not the last.  I can't wait for more adventurous books from this great author.
Without a question it is a 5 of 5 star book.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for a great review, Darin. I'm so glad you liked it. And thank you for posting your review to the other sites. I really PRESHADE it!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete